Thursday, May 8, 2008

tormented

dont fade
not this way
not like this
this is not us
shards of sanity
torments of pressure
where do
we say enough
where do
we pick up
the pieces
where do
we go
from
here.

its not
meant to
be this way
is this how they
really are?
never knowing
what they want?
is this what
real is?
is this who you
gave so much to?
do they bite
the hands
that feed them?

might i?
might i tenderly
quietly, slowly
with great caution?
might i gingerly
move towards your
figure?
might i hesitantly
outstretch gentle
fingers in yours?
might i slowly
without a rhythm
close my eyes?
and gently kiss
the lips of
the
one
tormented with
the surrounding
darkly?
might i tell
her tonight
that i love her?
that i've never
stopped loving her?
might she reply?
might she disappear
to the other side of
the world?
might we share a
moment?
a few seconds?
anything?
this runs my
mind, i dare not
ask...
i dare not
deserve her
but i will dare myself

"my life seems unreal
my crime, an illusion,
a scene badly written
in which i must play
yet i know as i gaze
at my young love beside me
the morning is just a few
hours away" s&g

No comments: