Friday, May 16, 2008

"Dream About The Days To Come" - 2

Early,
sitting in a
stuffy office
for orientation at
the job. Trying
to keep my eyes
open, but briefly
they close, and drift
to other images.
the ones i've created
in my mind.
oh those fascinations!
it is then that the drone of
her words fuse together
meld into some stew of
whatever might be more
important, and for a
fraction of
time the
image of
you rushes
into my
mind.

strange what only
two days can harbor
Reminds me of the
20 years we were apart
I only saw you
once before. I know
i did. And only brief
seconds of the show
can be recollected
I remember the song
but not the person
it was so long ago,
i dont remember
any of them.
but just the thought
that on that day i
saw you.
oblivious
to the future
we might have
together. the
history, the
feelings, the emotions
YES here in the stuffy
office my blood surges
through my body,
deep and dark
having this
stranger with a wig
talk about useless skills
yet in the neighboring room
a fuzzy radio pours out
dramatic classical melodies
energized
romantic
classing
brinking on a feeling
to come, a kiss to ensue

this place is clean
nice. the people
are in another time
a time i was meant to
see but never did.
why do i feel an odd
connection
like i've seen them
some of them
before
somewhere else
younger.
much younger.
they knew me
and i knew them
we were equal
but now they are
less able
and i am unchanged
outside: youth
"the all-american boy, probably
out playing football with his
buddies" as one lady described me
inside: torture
some of them i saw in
a drive-in. a pharmacy while
picking up a bottle of coke
backseat of a car in an
abandoned lot having
a cigarette with another.
its just a strange idea in my head
but why do i remember details
bits of the conversations...
will i age?

do what i must
but keep searching
you...so far away
i am starting to
recognize it now
you really are
there. and i am
always here
always for you

No comments: