Monday, May 26, 2008

"Dream About The Days To Come" - 14



(Thus concludes my 14 day search for whatever came my way. Originally this was one piece when thinking about LVE's departure and everything else, but now i've written a piece every day she's been away. Focusing on everything singular in my life while appreciating everything connected in this universe. Here we are. Have a safe flight home tomorrow!)



I can't say
what you've experienced
But I wish i could
have experienced it
too.
And i will.
I am oblivious to
what you might have
and what it might have
done to you.
To us.
Perhaps it's all
changed for you.
It hasn't for me

And yet, it has...
This has made me
focus on all
of you. But also
has made me focus on myself
On what i believe
versus what they think
i should believe. I've
learned why i am going
through life. I've learned
deep down that i need a
companion. But I've also,
once in a great while, need
a night to myself to
enjoy the simple pleasures
of life. To find who i am,
to find a little more
about myself. You've said
that i am an enigma to
you. I am also an enigma
to myself, i regret to inform.
Always trying to find where my
mind will wonder next, where
i will travel in thought.
What new world will be
un-covered, what new page will
be filled, and what new adventure
will be fulfilled. I hope, upon
your return, you will not
sneer at the idea of
seeing me - coming back
to life in the one-world
country. (nicely put by-the-way)
I hope you see the big open heart
full of life instead of
the old life, and old
people, and old guy you
must face. I hope you
took more than pictures.
Please share it all with
me. Nothing too personal, but
tell me what they have that
we need. Anything, albeit
single, complex, a seedling,
a mountain.

And let us dream, for i've
dreamed for days of this
day, and i've let the realities
the moments awake on
thought capture themselves
on paper, but i've kept
the dreams in my mental
notebook, the one with the
endless pages, bound in
red leather, with gold lining
all created in my mind.
Dreams not only about your return
but of the future, the
change of future
the nights to come,
dates to see movies
dinners to fill up on
wine to drown in
and kisses to
that make us say
"i've forgotten how much
i love kissing you!"




Or none of it, pondering on
what the future holds. But
no matter what he holds, i
dream of love and imagine
it the way (i think) it should
be. And all I ask is that
you do the same with
me.


Come with me
so we may run,
and glow, and discover,
and search, and search, and search,
and find, and arouse, and admire, and drink, and watch
and baffle, and break, and cry, and heal, and challenge,
and cheer, and applaud, and change, and sing, and clear
and conspire, and convince, and warm, and defy, and demand,
and entice, and escape, and flirt, and rehearse, and object, and obey,
and observe, and melt, and mend, and please, and protect,
and protect you again, and again from them, and work,
and play, and show, and tell,
and dance, and act,
and build,
and kiss,
and love,
and
dream
about
the
days
to come.

"One more time,
let me kiss you,
dream about the days to come..."



the end

No comments: