Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Letter To the President

Dear Barack:

"I'm just so tickled pink, I don't know why!"
"I didn't vote for him, but looking back, I should have"
"Isn't this one of the greatest things...ever?"

....are just a few of the phrases I heard yesterday.
I just wanted to say: my entire belief system
is based on the mental ability to look at a situation
in a positive light, without the bearings of negativity.
I love seeing people filled with joy, and happiness.
I live for special moments in life that make us smile
make us come together and have a celebration.
And I admire humans who can give other humans
hope and joy and comfort and relief and talk to them
and let them know that they are not alone in this
world and take away their sadness and give them
even the slightest glimmer of happiness in this
crazy world, letting them know that this world
is still truly full of wonderful things.

Furthermore, I believe you and I
are going
to get along
very very well.

-Jim Cook, Jr.

No comments: