Wednesday, June 18, 2008

it

i feel bad for
my piano
it always seems
to come last in my
pathetic list of
everything i
fail to forget.
my music is
forgotten sometimes.
always coming last.
i dont know why i
put it there.

and yet it seems that
every piece i learn
(they take a long time to complete)
seems to reflect a slight
piece of me at the time.
nocturnes, waltz(s),
and the clare de lune
the moon shines so beautiful
your face so radiant.

and now it's a person
whos been forced from their
homeland and their sadness
is their music. the piece
is hated by the
composer
which make it
his most worthy.

i chose this...
this prelude without
considering the notes
why are my choices
so sub-conscious
self-willed
forcing me to
discover what
else is inside
after i've chosen
why did i just write that

those three opening
notes can be so
difficult and loud
and when you finally
get a break in the music
you still are a little
bit carved out
by the opening

i shouldn't let
myself get so
worked up
over a little
piece of piano
music.

No comments: