Tuesday, April 15, 2008

to speak frankly

a Polymath
once wrote that
"nothing is worth
more
than this day"
and i think
nothing truer
might have
encapsulated
the essence
of our time
here.

there
is something
basic
yet complex
there
is something
strange and mysterious
something mystics
can't explain
something in
me
with you
that was discovered
and flourished
and
produced a light
that glows
in our veins
in our mind
and in
our meaning
and our faults
and our victories

rediscovered
when i see
the pictures
when i listen
to the sounds
and when i see
your name
painted the town.
it is rediscovered
every morning when
i awake
for you are
my first thought
and when
i lay to
rest
for you
are my
last
prayer
of thanks

to speak
frankly,
your kisses
rediscover me
they are
the fresh
the organic
the rhythms
in my ears
the throbs
in my chest
and...
you...
are my rediscovery
and every moment
is worth the most
no matter
the time
the place
the situation
the circumstance.
every time we are
apart i yearn to
shout what once
was spoken
"Come back
so I can tell you,
I know what matters
now-you" (r&h)

to speak frankly,
i love you

"there's no need to
complicate
our time is short
this is our fate,
i'm yours" -j.mraz

1 comment:

~L said...

my god this is beautiful